We are watching all the concerts of "Live Earth" in the world today since we got up this morning. And I think the enviroment and the climate on this planet is worth a post. In Germany this is not a new issue, we deal with this things since a lot of time and I think we do a great job. But still, there are so many things that need to be done.
I challenge all of my blogger friends to tell me, what they are doing personally to protect the enviroment and what they plan to do in the future.
Here is my list, we already do:
- Our new car is run by compressed natural gas
- We switched to eco-power
- Our house is a low-energy-house, in fall and spring we use our wooden oven
- I try to buy just lokal products
- I try to avoid frozen products
- We have a programmable termostat that controlls the temperatures in the rooms during times we are not at home and do not need heating
- We avoid the stand-by-modus
Here is what I plan to do in the future
- I still use the dryer a lot. I will try to reduce this and use a clothline.
- I still use the car for a lot of errands where I could easily walk, even with the girls. It will just take some time. I will try to do more errands by walking.